What's In My Grocery Bag?






Once a week, I do the bulk of my grocery shopping.  There's the occasional run to the store during the week for this or that, but I like to get most of it done all in one go.  When you have a baby (maybe he's a toddler now?  I can't handle that.) you have to be efficient in getting things done.  It's too much of a hassle to go to the store everyday - I need to have my menu planned out in advance so I can get everything I need. 



I like to hit a few different places if I can... Costco for things we can stock up on (butter, tuna, cheese, peanut butter).  Safeway for pantry products.  The Franz Outlet for an amazing deal on bread.  And our local farm stand for produce. 

This time of year it's so hard to choose what produce items I want for the week.  There are SO MANY wonderful things available - everything looks incredibly delicious!  It's helpful to have a menu plan so I don't overdo it and end up wasting things. 


The Grocery List

Bananas                  Eggs                    Peach Nectar
Cherries                  Yogurt                 Sweet Wine
Peaches                  Ground Beef
Tomatoes                Steak
Red Onion              Salsa
Cilantro                   Burger Buns
Avocados                Bread
Mushrooms             Ice Cream

That was the basic list. (I ended up buying a few more things that I saw and just had to have...)  I'm planning to make Mediterranean Spiced Burgers, Stir-Fry Veggies & Steak, and Fish with Lemon Pasta.  I may also make some Coconut French Toast this week.  Oh, and a Peach Sangria Cocktail of sorts. So many yummy things to look forward to!!



Comments

Popular Posts