Creamy Stuffed Chicken

It seems like meat is a strange thing to showcase on a blog.  I mean, pictures of meat end up looking a bit strange and while I could have photographed this chicken alongside a gorgeous green salad... I didn't.  So, while this feels a bit awkward to post, I can't NOT give you this recipe.  A last minute dinner idea stemmed from yet another basil harvest day.  After perusing my fridge for inspiration, I stumbled upon a block of cream cheese and several chicken breasts.  I also had a can of olives in my pantry (and if I'd had some sundried tomatoes, you can bet those would be in this recipe as well).


A total cinch to throw together, savory, comforting - and a winner in my husband's book.  When he had finished the last bite he proclaimed, "You could make that again!".  And I shall...


Creamy Stuffed Chicken

4 chicken breasts
1 block cream cheese, at room temperature
Handful basil leaves, julienned (sliced)
1/2 can of black olives
Salt and Pepper

1. Mix the cream cheese, basil, and olives together.
2. Cut the chicken breasts in half, but not all the way through.  You want to create a little pocket where you'll "stuff" the cream cheese.
3. Insert a generous amount of the cream cheese mixture into the pocket that you just cut.
4. Sprinkle the top of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
5. Place the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet (it makes clean up a heck of a lot easier!). Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.  I always cut into the thickest part of the chicken breast and make sure that the juices are clear and the chicken looks cooked through before I say "it's done".  Raw chicken is not a good thing!


Comments

Popular Posts