A Book for You and Tea for Two

Are you a book lover?

I've always enjoyed reading books - especially a really good novel that sucks you into the story and makes it hard to put down. There have been books that have made me laugh out loud, ugly cry, and feel so connected to the characters that I wish the story would never end. It's truly amazing the power that words can have - they can stir up deep emotions and drop us into a situation or time period, making us feel as though we're experiencing it right alongside the characters. I LOVE a good book. One year, I got the latest book in a series I had been reading and I read the whole thing in one day! I was sucked in and there was nothing else more important than that story (oh to be young and without responsibilities!). 



It wasn't until my adult years that I began to appreciate non-fiction books. I've read books about pregnancy, parenting, gardening, homeschooling... all things that are important in my life. Inspired by what I read, these books have spurred me on to establish certain practices, change habits, create, be encouraged, or see things from a different perspective. 

So today, I wanted to make a list of a selection of books that have made a big impact on me. Ones that I will keep on the shelf forever and remember with fondness the season of life I was in when I read it. Have you read any of these? I highly recommend them! 

The Brave Learner, Julie Bogart
The Ministry of Motherhood, Sally Clarkson
The Read-Aloud Family, Sarah Mackenzie
One Thousand Gifts, Ann Voskamp
The Zion Chronicles, Bodie Thoene
Wild Things, Stephen James and David Thomas
Captivating, John and Stasi Eldridge
Shepherding a Child's Heart, Tedd Tripp
Israel My Beloved, Kay Arthur



Keep in mind, there have been A LOT of other books that I've loved! I could make a really long list... 

With that said, I'm always looking for new books! I have a running list on my phone of books that I want to read (or have heard good things about). One of my goals for this next year is to read an autobiography/biography. Aside from school book reports, I've never read a biography and I'd like to change that. I don't have any in mind, but if you have a suggestion, please leave a comment below! 

Here's a list of books that I hope to read this year (in no particular order): 
Ann of Green Gables, L.M. Montgomery
In Defense of Food, Michael Pollan
The Tattooist of Auschwitz, Heather Morris
Sacred Marriage, Gary Thomas
The Ministry of Ordinary Places, Shannan Martin
The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry, John Mark Comer

There you have it! I'd love to know what your favorite book is! 

Comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!

Popular Posts