Hot Artichoke Dip

Long awaited, but here's the final dish that I prepared for Thanksgiving 2012.  Hello December 17th....it's about time I get this recipe posted.

My family has always had hot artichoke dip as an appetizer for Thanksgiving (for as long as I can remember, anyway).  When I started joining my in-laws for the holiday, I instituted the tradition for their get together as well.  It was well received. :)
Update: My Aunt Kathy would like credit for starting this family tradition.  So here you go!  Aunt Kathy, you are a wise, wise lady.  :)

I've changed the recipe a bit the last couple of years, but this version is absolutely delicious.  Courtesy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond

2 14oz cans artichoke hearts, drained
1 8oz block cream cheese
1 cup real mayonnaise
Cayenne pepper (I didn't add this)
2 green onions, chopped
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Dash of salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 garlic cloves, minced (My own addition)

*Note: Ree uses a food processor to thoroughly mix everything; however, I did not do this.  I like a chunky artichoke dip.  Feel free to do whatever floats your boat!



1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and mayonnaise.
3. Add the green onions, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and garlic.
4. Chop the artichoke hearts, roughly, and fold them into the mixture so that you don't break them up too much.
5. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until warm and bubbly.



I served the dip with pita chips..... yum.  This is so good! Seriously, you won't be disappointed.  You could even serve this cold, if you wanted to.  It's yummy with vegetables, on sandwiches, really you can't go wrong.

Pre-baking.

Comments

Popular Posts