Strawberry Mango Salsa

One of my absolute favorite things about summer is the wonderful bounty of fresh produce that is available.  I have to try really hard to pace myself while at the store - I just want to buy loads of everything!  Berries, peaches, corn on the cob, summer squash...  It's all so good!


Recently, I made this Strawberry Mango Salsa.  It was the perfect way to take advantage of all that summer has to offer.  Light, yet full of flavor.  Sweet with a zing of red onion.  Fragrant and fresh basil.  It's a great alternative to a normal, tomato based salsa.  Serve it alongside grilled chicken or pita chips.  I dare you to resist eating it all in one sitting.  Dare you.

 
Strawberry Mango Salsa

2 generous handfuls strawberries, finely diced
1 mango, finely diced    (here's a tutorial on how to cut a mango - super easy!)
1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
2 Roma tomatoes, finely diced
1 T. fresh lemon juice
6 basil leaves, finely chopped
Dash of salt and pepper

1. Combine all of the ingredients (except the basil). 
2. When you are ready to serve, add the basil and mix gently. 
3. The salsa will keep in an air-tight container for several days.



Comments

Popular Posts