Gobbleberry Braid

I hosted a Pampered Chef party the other night and the featured dish was so delicious that I have to share it with you. Though its original name is the "Turkey-Cranberry Braid", I've decided to call it the "Gobbleberry Braid" because it sounds more fun.  

You heard it hear first, folks!  This is the Gobbleberry Braid!  *jazz hands and high kicks*

See?  Isn't that more fun? 

I only have one picture... it's the finished product being displayed by our wonderful Pampered Chef Consultant, Alex.  However, I can assure you that this recipe was extremely easy to put together and would be an excellent way to use up your leftover turkey after Thanksgiving.  So come on!  Bust open the crescent rolls and start gobblin'!  (okay...cheesy...)


Gobbleberry Braid

2 packages of crescent rolls
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 T. honey dijon mustard (or whatever your favorite is)
1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper*
2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
1/2 cup celery, sliced
3 T. fresh parsley, snipped  
1/2 cup dried cranberries
4 oz. swiss cheese, shredded
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
1 egg white

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Mix together in a bowl: mayo, mustard, pepper, turkey, celery, parsley, cranberries, and cheese.
3. Pop open the crescent rolls and lay the sheets side by side on a baking sheet.  Roll or press the sheets together so that they become one piece.
4. Place the filling down the middle of the crescent rolls.
5. Sprinkle chopped walnuts over filling, if using.
6. Make 1 inch wide slits along the outer edges of the crescent roll dough. Twist each slit up and over the filling so that you form a "braided" top crust.
7. Paint the top crust with the egg white.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.

Makes 10 servings
*I never measure my salt or pepper when I cook.  I add about what I think the recipe calls for and then I add more to taste.  Recipes never include enough salt or pepper, in my opinion.  So feel free to add the 1/2 tsp of pepper and taste the filling in case it needs more.

Comments

Popular Posts